All the best and latest curated freely available Cisco tutorials, training and documentation.
Home >> Computer Training Resources >> this page
Cisco Router Configuration for Beginners: Zero to Hero Course
- Perform basic (startup) configuration tasks on a router
- Learn about Cisco iOS software and Commands on a router
- Configure and activate ethernet/serial/console interfaces on a router
- Test and verify configurations on a router
- Configuring Wireless Router with Wireless Devices & DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) configuration
- Build small network topology using router and its configuration
Cisco Configuration Labs For CCNA and CCNP Exams Course
- Get hands on experience for Cisco routers and switches
- Learn Cisco IOS tricks
- Learn problem solving (troubleshooting) techniques for Cisco routers and switches
- Get ready for lab questions in CCNA and CCNP exams
Cisco ASA Firewall Fundamentals: Basics of Network Security Course
- A Complete Beginner Guide to Cisco ASA Firewall
- Learn How to Install and Configure Cisco ASA Firewall Practically
- Firewalls introduction & Technologies
- Firewall Features on the ASA
- Configure Your Cisco ASA
- Access control with Cisco ASA
- ACL and NAT
Cisco NGFW Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) Training Part-2/2
- Learn Cisco NGFW Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) V6.7 (SNCF 300-710) with Step by Step Lab Workbook
- Implement NGFW modes
- Learn how to Implement NGIPS modes
- Implement high availability options
- Configure and verify site-to-site VPN and remote access VPN
- Implement segmentation, access control policies, AVC, URL filtering
- All Next Generation Features
Cisco Nexus 1000v Configuration and Installation on VMware vSphere 5.1 Video Tutorials
- This is a 4 part Video Tutorial series that walks you through the installation and configuration of the Cisco Nexus 1000v Virtual Switch with VMware vSphere 5.1
Cisco Nexus 1000v Video and Step-by-step Tutorials
Cisco Nexus 5000 CLI Pocket Guide
- Here are some Cisco Nexus 5000 CLI commands that i’ve put together for reference. I will continuously add to this list
- Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
- Data Center and Cloud
- Cisco Secure
- Cisco DevNet
- Cisco Tech Talks
- This CCNA PDF contains comprehensive lab exercises with full solutions covering everything on the latest Cisco CCNA 200-301 exam, and includes step-by-step instructions to run the labs for free on your laptop.
Cisco Basic Connectivity Troubleshooting
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about basic connectivity troubleshooting with a video and text tutorials.
- In this video and text Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about the bottom four OSI Layers and their definitions.
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about the upper layers of the OSI model. That’s the upper three layers, 5, 6, and 7.
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about the TCP/IP suite, and how it compares to the OSI Model.
Cisco Open Systems Interconnection Osi Model Overview
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’re going to learn about the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
Cisco Speed And Duplex Settings
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about interface speed and duplex. Scroll down for the video and also the text tutorial.
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about the basic operation of routers and how they compare to switches.
The Cisco Troubleshooting Methodology
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you are going to learn about the Cisco Troubleshooting Methodology and the different troubleshooting methods.
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP).
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about the other main product offerings that Cisco have other than their routers and switches.
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, we’re going to take a look at how switches learn MAC addresses and use that information to populate the MAC address table.
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’re going to learn about the basics of hubs and switches. I’ll also do a comparison between the two devices.
Cisco Etherchannel Protocols And Configuration
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about the different EtherChannel Protocols. I’ll also discuss how to configure and verify them.
Cisco Etherchannel Load Balancing
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about how EtherChannel load balancing works. Scroll down for the video and also text tutorial.
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about Layer 3 EtherChannel. Scroll down for the video and also text tutorial.
The Transport Layer Header, TCP, AND UDP
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about Layer 4 of the OSI model, the Transport Layer. Scroll down for video and also text tutorial.
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’re going to learn about the final layer in the OSI model, which is Layer 1, the Physical Layer.
Cisco Local Area Network Layer 2 – Ethernet
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about Layer 2 of the OSI reference model, which is the Data Link layer.
Cisco Basic Layer 1 And 2 Troubleshooting
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, we’re going to cover troubleshooting at Layer 1 and Layer 2 of the OSI stack.
- In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about Syslog on Cisco devices. Syslog is a standard format for logging messages and Cisco iOS complies with that standard.
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, we’re going to work through a subnetting practice question.
Dynamic Routing Protocols vs Static Routes Tutorial
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn about the basics of dynamic routing protocols and how they compare to using static routes.
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn about the IP address classes.
In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’re going to understand how we can implement submitting.
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, I’m going to give you an overview of Quality of Service (QoS). When people talk about QoS in general, they’re usually referring to queuing.
Cisco Connected And Local Routes Tutorial
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn about connected and local routes, which are the first type of routes that you’re going to have on your router.
Cisco Routing Protocol Types Tutorial
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn what the different routing protocol types are.
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn about static routes.
Cisco Summarization And Default Routes Tutorial
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn about route summarization and the default route.
Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Certification Major Update – Changes In 2020
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn about the major updates made to the Cisco Certification Program in February 2020. Explains exactly what the changes are, why Cisco have made those changes and how they may affect you.
VLAN Trunk Ports – Cisco CCNA Tutorial
- VLAN Trunks Ports In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn about VLAN trunk ports.
VLAN Access Ports – Cisco CCNA Tutorial
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn about VLAN Access ports and how to configure them. Access ports are configured on switch interfaces where end hosts such as desktop PCs are plugged in.
Why We Have VLANS – Cisco CCNA Tutorial
- In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, I will cover Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) which is a Layer 2 feature implemented on switches. To understand why we have them, you need to understand the problem that they solve first.
DNS Domain Name System Simplified – Tutorial
In this Cisco CCNA training tutorial, you’ll learn about DNS, the Domain Name System. Scroll down for the video and also text tutorial.
Free Cisco Training Tutorials from Study-ccna.com:
Introduction to Networking
Cisco Operating System IOS
- Cisco IOS Overview
- Ports on an IOS Device
- Auxiliary Port on a Cisco Router
- Cisco Console Rollover Cable
- Get Help in IOS
- IOS Command Modes
- Run Privileged Commands Within Global Config Mode
- Pipe Character in IOS
- Running & Startup Configuration
The Transport Layer
- Transport Layer Explanation – Layer 4 of the OSI Model
- Ports Explained
- TCP Explained
- TCP Three-Way Handshake
- UDP explained
The Network Layer
- Subnetting Explained
- CIDR (Classless Inter-Domain Routing)
- Create Subnets
- Understanding Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSM)
- Private IP Addresses Explained
The Data-Link Layer
The Physical Layer
- Types of Ethernet Cabling
- IEEE Ethernet Standards
- Types of Ethernet Cables – Straight-Through and Crossover
- Cisco PoE Explained – What is Power over Ethernet?
Cisco Network Devices
- Network Devices
- Network Hubs Explained
- Network Switch Explained
- Collision & Broadcast Domain
- How Switches Work
- Layer 2 Switching
- Network Router Explained
Life of a Packet
- What is Domain Name System (DNS) and How Does it Work?
- Map Hostnames to IP Addresses
- Configure Cisco Device as DNS client
- How to Configure a Cisco Router as a DNS Server?
- no ip domain-lookup Command
- ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) Explained
- The ARP Table on a Cisco Router
Router & Switch Basic Configuration
- IOS Basic Commands
- Configure an IP Address on a Switch
- Configure Descriptions
- Interface Range Command
- Power on a Cisco Device
- Half Duplex and Full Duplex
- Configure Speed and Duplex
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) overview
- show Command
- show interfaces status Command
- Interface Status Codes
- show version Command
Cisco Device Management
- Types of Memory on a Cisco Device
- IOS Boot Sequence
- How to Reset a Cisco Router or Switch to Factory Default
- IOS files
- Backing up IOS Configuration
- FTP & TFTP
- Copy Files with FTP
- How to Upgrade Cisco IOS
- Cisco more Command
- Erasing Configuration Files
- ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol)
- Ping Explained
- Extended Ping Command
- Traceroute Explained
- traceroute Command
- show processes Command
Basic Network Troubleshooting
- What is IP Routing?
- Connected, Static, & Dynamic Routes
- Default Static Route
- Create a Static Host Route
Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Routing Protocols
- Comparing Internal Routing Protocols (IGPs)
- Administrative Distance & Metric
- Equal Cost Multi-Path (ECMP) Explanation & Configuration
- Understanding Loopback Interfaces and Loopback Addresses
- passive-interface Command
Interior Gateway Protocols (IGP)
- RIP Overview
- Advertise Default Routes Using RIP
- Configuring RIPv2
- EIGRP Overview
- EIGRP Diffusing Update Algorithm (DUAL)
- EIGRP Reliable Transport Protocol (RTP)
- Wildcard Masks
- Wildcard Mask in EIGRP
- EIGRP Automatic & Manual Summarization
- EIGRP Summary
Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- OSPF Overview
- Differences Between OSPF and EIGRP
- OSPF Configuration
- Designated & Backup Designated Router
- OSPF Summarization
- OSPF Summary
Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN)
- Cisco Three-Layer Hierarchical Model
- Collapsed Core and Three-Tier Network Architectures
- What is Spine and Leaf Network Architecture?
- What is a VLAN?
- Frame Tagging
- Configuring VLANs
- Access and Trunk Ports
- Inter-Switch Link (ISL)
- IEEE 802.1Q
- Configuring Access & Trunk Ports
- Configuring Voice VLANs
- Configuring Allowed VLANs
- Cisco Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) Explained
- What is VTP?
- VTP Modes
- VTP Configuration
- Configure interVLAN Routing
- Configure Cisco ROAS Router On A Stick
- Cisco Layer 3 Switch InterVLAN Routing Configuration
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- DHCP & DNS
- Configure Cisco Router as DHCP Server
- DHCP Relay Agent
- Configure Cisco Router as a DHCP Client
- APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addressing)
Hot Standby Routing Protocol (HSRP)
- What is Network Redundancy and What are its Benefits?
- Cisco First Hop Redundancy Protocol (FHRP) Explained
- Cisco Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) Explained
- Cisco Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) Configuration
- Cisco Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) Preempt Command
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- What is STP?
- Network Bridge Explained
- How STP Works
- Electing the Root Switch in STP
- Selecting STP Root Port
- Selecting STP Designated Port (DP)
- Spanning Tree Modes: MSTP, PVST+, and RPVST+
- What is RSTP?
- How RSTP Works
- Configuring RSTP
- Spanning Tree Portfast, BPDU Guard, Root Guard Configuration
- What is EtherChannel and Why Do We Need It?
- EtherChannel Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP)
- EtherChannel Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Cisco Layer 3 EtherChannel – Explanation and Configuration
- What is DCHP Snooping? – Explanation and Configuration
- Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) Explanation & Configuration
- What is 802.1X Authentication and How it Works?
- Port Security
Access Control List (ACL)
Network Address Translation (NAT)
IPv6 Addressing and Routing
- What is IPv6?
- IPv6 Address Format
- IPv6 Interface Identifier
- Differences Between IPv4 and IPv6
- Types of IPv6 Addresses
- IPv6 Unicast Addresses
- IPv6 Global Unicast Addresses
- IPv6 Unique Local Addresses
- IPv6 Link-Local Addresses
- IPv6 Multicast Addresses
- IPv6 Address Prefixes
- How to Configure IPv6
- IPv6 Routing Protocols
Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Wide Area Network
- Cisco VPN – What is VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
- WAN Connection Types – Explanation and Examples
- Leased Line Definition, Explanation, and Example
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Explained & Configured
- What is PPPoE? Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet
- The Different Wide Area Network (WAN) Topologies
Network Device Security
- Telnet & SSH
- Setting Up Telnet
- Setting Up SSH
- exec-timeout Command
- Encrypt Local Usernames and Passwords
- What is AAA? Authentication, Authorization, & Accounting
- Configuring AAA on Cisco Devices – RADIUS and TACACS+
- Configure Timezone and Daylight Saving Time (DST)
- NTP (Network Time Protocol)
- Configure NTP on a Cisco Router
Network Device Management
- Syslog Explained
- Syslog Message Format
- logging synchronous Command
- debug Command
- terminal monitor Command
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Quality of Service (QoS) and its Effect on the Network
- Quality of Service (QoS) Classification and Marking
- Quality of Service (QoS) Queues and Queuing Explained
- Quality of Service (QoS) Traffic Shaping and Policing
- Quality of Service (QoS) Network Congestion Management
- What is Server Virtualization, its Importance, and Benefits?
- Cloud Computing Service Models – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Cloud Deployment Models – Explanation and Comparison
Network Automation and Programmability
- Configuration Management Tools – Ansible, Chef, & Puppet
- Cisco SDN – Software Defined Networking Explained
- Cisco DNA – Digital Network Architecture Overview
- Cisco IBN – Intent-Based Networking Explained
- Cisco SD-Access (Software-Defined Access) Overview
- Cisco SD-WAN (Software-Defined WAN) Overview & Architecture