This is the Mathematics Curriculum for Grades 1 and 2 for New York Common Core. Grade 1 has six Modules and grade 2 has eight. Each one contains Topics with multiple Lessons, and each lesson provides a Problem Set, Exit ticket, Homework and Sprint. Mid-module and end-of-module assessments, with answers, are included in each full module. Also available below are Answer keys for lesson Assessments, and folders with kessons in word format for Grade 1 and Grade 2 (for editing, if desired). If you’re interested you can also check out the kindergarten and grades 3 and 4 curricula of this math series.
Grade 1 Mathematics Curriculum
Operations and Algebraic Thinking, Number and Operations in Base Ten, Measurement and Data.
- Topic A: Embedded Numbers and Decompositions
- Topic B: Counting On from Embedded Numbers
- Topic C: Addition Word Problems
- Topic D: Strategies for Counting On
- Topic E: The Commutative Property of Addition and the Equal Sign
- Topic F: Development of Addition Fluency Within 10
- Topic G: Subtraction as an Unknown Addend Problem
- Topic H: Subtraction Word Problems
- Topic I: Decomposition Strategies for Subtraction
- Topic J: Development of Subtraction Fluency Within 10
Grade 1 – Math Module 2 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 2)
Introduction to Place Value Through Addition and Subtraction Within 20 – Students begin addition and subtraction problems involving teen numbers.
- Topic A: Counting On or Making Ten to Solve Result Unknown and Total Unknown Problems
- Topic B: Counting On or Taking from Ten to Solve Result Unknown and Total Unknown Problems
- Topic C: Strategies for Solving Change or Addend Unknown Problems
- Topic D: Varied Problems with Decompositions of Teen Numbers as 1 Ten and Some Ones
- Topic A: Indirect Comparison in Length Measurement
- Topic B: Standard Length Units
- Topic C: Non-Standard and Standard Length Units
- Topic D: Data Interpretation
- Topic A: Tens and Ones
- Topic B: Comparison of Pairs of Two-Digit Numbers
- Topic C: Addition and Subtraction of Tens
- Topic D: Addition of Tens or Ones to a Two-Digit Number
- Topic E: Varied Problem Types Within 20
- Topic F: Addition of Tens and Ones to a Two-Digit Number
- Topic A: Attributes of Shapes
- Topic B: Part–Whole Relationships Within Composite Shapes
- Topic C: Halves and Quarters of Rectangles and Circles
- Topic D: Application of Halves to Tell Time
Grade 1 – Math Module 6 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 6)
Place Value, Comparison, Addition and Subtraction to 100 – Students extend their understanding of tens and ones, to add and subtract within 100.
- Topic A: Comparison Word Problems
- Topic B: Numbers to 120
- Topic C: Addition to 100 Using Place Value Understanding
- Topic D: Varied Place Value Strategies for Addition to 100
- Topic E: Coins and Their Values
- Topic F: Varied Problem Types Within 20
- Topic G: Culminating Experiences
Grade 2 Mathematics Curriculum
Students extend understanding of base-ten notation, fluency with addition and subtraction, standard units of measure, and describing and analyzing shapes.
Grade 2 – Math Module 1 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 1)
Sums and Differences to 20 – Students practice the new required fluencies. Students also represent and solve word problems using addition and subtraction
- Topic A: Foundations for Addition and Subtraction Within 20
- Topic B: Mental Strategies for Addition and Subtraction Within 20
- Topic C: Strategies for Addition and Subtraction Within 100
Grade 2 – Math Module 2 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 2)
Addition and Subtraction of Length Units – Students measure, estimate, and solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of length.
- Topic A: Understand Concepts About the Ruler
- Topic B: Measure and Estimate Length Using Different Measurement Tools
- Topic C: Measure and Compare Lengths Using Different Length Units
- Topic D: Relate Addition and Subtraction to Length
Grade 2 – Math Module 3 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 3)
Place Value, Counting, and Comparison of Numbers to 1,000 – Students work with metric units, i.e. centimeters and meters, to support upcoming work with place value concepts.
- Topic A: Forming Base Ten Units of Ten, a Hundred, and a Thousand
- Topic B: Understanding Place Value Units of One, Ten, and a Hundred
- Topic C: Three-Digit Numbers in Unit, Standard, Expanded, and Word Forms
- Topic D: Modeling Base Ten Numbers Within 1,000 with Money
- Topic E: Modeling Numbers Within 1,000 with Place Value Disks
- Topic F: Comparing Two Three-Digit Numbers
- Topic G: Finding 1, 10, and 100 More or Less Than a Number
Grade 2 – Math Module 4 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 4)
Addition and Subtraction Within 200 with Word Problems to 100 – Students add and subtract within 200 to deepen understanding of base-ten, place value, and properties of operations.
- Topic A: Sums and Differences Within 100
- Topic B: Strategies for Composing a Ten
- Topic C: Strategies for Decomposing a Ten
- Topic D: Strategies for Composing Tens and Hundreds
- Topic E: Strategies for Decomposing Tens and Hundreds
- Topic F: Student Explanations of Written Methods
Grade 2 – Math Module 5 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 5)
Addition and Subtraction Within 1,000 with Word Problems to 100 – Students extend conceptual understanding of addition and subtraction algorithms to numbers within 1000.
- Topic A: Strategies for Adding and Subtracting Within 1,000
- Topic B: Strategies for Composing Tens and Hundreds Within 1,000
- Topic C: Strategies for Decomposing Tens and Hundreds Within 1,000
- Topic D: Student Explanations for Choice of Solution Methods
Grade 2 – Math Module 6 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 6)
Foundations of Multiplication and Division – Students extend understanding of a unit to build the foundation for multiplication and division wherein any number can be a unit.
- Topic A: Formation of Equal Groups
- Topic B: Arrays and Equal Groups
- Topic C: Rectangular Arrays as a Foundation for Multiplication and Division
- Topic D: The Meaning of Even and Odd Numbers
Grade 2 – Math Module 7 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 7)
Problem Solving with Length, Money, and Data – Students learn to work with various types of units within the contexts of length, money, and data.
- Topic A: Problem Solving with Categorical Data
- Topic B: Problem Solving with Coins and Bills
- Topic C: Creating an Inch Ruler
- Topic D: Measuring and Estimating Length Using Customary and Metric Units
- Topic E: Problem Solving with Customary and Metric Units
- Topic F: Displaying Measurement Data
Grade 2 – Math Module 8 (Answer keys) (Lesson docs for Module 8)
Time, Shapes, and Fractions as Equal Parts of Shapes – Students investigate, describe, and reason about the composition and decomposition of shapes to form other shapes.
- Topic A: Attributes of Geometric Shapes
- Topic B: Composite Shapes and Fraction Concepts
- Topic C: Halves, Thirds, and Fourths of Circles and Rectangles
- Topic D: Application of Fractions to Tell Time
-love learning -your best ed lessons guru, Scott