Preschool Language Arts Lessons & Activities by CoreKnowledge
Here are the Language arts materials and activities for Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten students, for your immediate viewing and downloads, from CoreKnowledge. Also available by CoreKnowledge are the Kindergarten Reading Lessons and Activities and First Grade Reading Lessons and Activities.
The following types of Pre-K content are available here.
Nursery Rhymes and Song Posters display text and images from traditional rhymes and songs. These posters are used during circle time and small-group activities as means of familiarizing students with the structure and sounds of oral language.
Teacher Guides specify learning objectives and provides background information, daily lesson plans, read-alouds, assessments, and other resources for teaching the domain.
The Activities Pages reinforce the content and skills taught in each domain. Practice opportunities are provided both in and out of the classroom.
Image Cards are used to reinforce and deepen students’ understanding of the information covered in the domain. They are primarily used during Extension Activities. Common exercises include sorting, retelling, and sequencing.
Each Flip Book contains a sequenced collection of images that accompany the Listening and Learning read-alouds. The engaging visuals reinforce students’ understanding of concepts and promote engagement with the text.
Transition Cards reinforce content and skills as students move between activities. Some of these cards may be used across multiple domains. Learning Center Cards provide teachers with suggested questions and prompts in order to facilitate language and promote student-to-student interaction.
LA Ancillary Materials: Preschool
LA Domain 1: All About Me
- All About Me – Teacher Guide
- All About Me – Flip Book
- All About Me – Image Cards
- All About Me – Activity Pages
- All About Me – Transition and Learning Center Cards
LA Domain 2: Families and Communities
- Domain 2: Family and Communities – Teacher Guide
- Domain 2: Family and Communities – Flip Book
- Domain 2: Family and Communities – Image Cards
- Domain 2: Family and Communities – Activity Pages
- Domain 2: Family and Communities – Transition and Learning Center Cards
LA Domain 3: Animals
- Domain 3: Animals – Teacher Guide
- Domain 3: Animals – Flip Book
- Domain 3: Animals – Image Cards
- Domain 3: Animals – Activity Pages
- Domain 3: Animals – Transition and Learning Center Cards
LA Domain 4: Plants
- Domain 4: Plants – Teacher Guide
- Domain 4: Plants – Flip Book
- Domain 4: Plants – Image Cards
- Domain 4: Plants – Activity Pages
- Domain 4: Plants – Transition and Learning Center Cards
LA Domain 5: Habitats
- Domain 5: Plants – Teacher Guide
- Domain 5: Plants – Flip Book
- Domain 5: Plants – Image Cards
- Domain 5: Plants – Activity Pages
- Domain 5: Plants – Transition and Learning Center Cards
LA Preschool: Classic Tales
- Classic Tales – Teacher Guide
- Classic Tales – Flip Book
- Classic Tales – Image Cards
- Classic Tales – Activity Pages
- Classic Tales- Big Book
LA Preschool: Important People in America
- Important People – Teacher Guide (Bonus Teacher Guide)
- Important People – Flip Book (Bonus Flip Book)
- Important People – Image Cards (Bonus Image Cards)
- Important People – Activity Pages (Bonus Activity Pages)
- Important People – Big Book
-love learning -your best ed lessons guide, Scott
I was looking through some of your posts on this site and I think this web site is really instructive for our little ones and also the older one too! Keep posting.