These texts can be used as a primary resource or to enhance curriculum with additional resources and many activities to practice mastery of history and civics. They are a wonderful addition to both schools and home schools for understanding history and civics for all grade and skill levels. Each book, chapter, or section provide inquiry questions to guide students through learning investigations. These are both viewable and downloadable.
- Kindergarten Myself and Others
- 1st Grade Families and Schools
- 2nd Grade Community Studies
- 3rd Grade Michigan Studies
- 4th Grade United States Studies
- 5th Grade United States History
- 6th Grade World Geography
- 7th Grade Ancient World History
- 8th Grade United States History
- High School Civic Life
- High School Economics
- High School United States History
- High School World History
The texts of these books by the Michigan Open Book Project are licensed under a Creative Commons NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. These teaching and learning materials are freely available for everyone to use, whether you are a school or homeschool student, self-learner or teacher.
-love learning -your ed guru, Scott